On this video by Georges CamerasTV, Andrew evaluations the Fujifilm GFX100 digicam.
Overview of the Fujifilm GFX100
This digicam is Fujifilm’s giant format measurement digicam, designed for studio, panorama, structure and every other type of pictures to be printed in giant format.
On prime of the digicam:
- Giant 5.76million dot EVF
- Drive mode dial
- Three modes on the highest dial: Nonetheless, Multi and Film Modes.
- Prime Settings LCD – Again-illuminated and graphical. Straightforward to make use of at evening.
On the again:
- A big LCD flip display. Very nicely illuminated in order that it may be seen nicely in vivid daylight solar.
- Backside Settings LCD Display screen to see your settings so you may see your settings if the digicam is mounted upon a tripod.
- Has one small joystick to allow you to navigate by the menu.
- A characteristic that the digicam is lacking is a 4-way joystick that many cameras have, which some photographers could take some getting used to.
- Has a contact display for navigation.
- Inbuilt battery grip home two batteries with a complete of 800 pictures.
- It has a secondary shutter button so you should utilize the digicam in portrait mode.
- There’s entry to a second joystick to navigate by your focus factors and your fast menu so you may change your white steadiness and every other settings.
- There is no such thing as a rubberized grip when utilizing it within the portrait mode, so it isn’t as comfy to carry and will slip out of your fingers in case your fingers are sweaty.
- Fairly giant – corresponding to a Canon 5D Mk IV however feels fairly light-weight due to its magnesium alloy development.
- Absolutely climate sealed and provides working temperatures from -10 levels to 40 levels celsius.
- On the left facet of the digicam, there are two SD slots and a distant port.
- The correct-hand facet has all of your video recording inputs and outputs together with a 3.5-millimeter audio jack and a 3.5-millimeter headphone jack.
- Under that may be a USB-C port for tethering and an HDMI port for output and a 15-volt direct energy provide.
Contained in the digicam
- Giant Format 102MP sensor backed up with an X processor
- ISO vary from 100 to 12,800 or an expandable vary of 50 to 102, 400.
- Shoot constantly as much as 5fps
- 3.76million dot face detection autofocus system which provides you autofocusing capabilities as low a -3EV
- 4k DCI as much as 30fps or full HD as much as 60fps
- Movies with a 10-bit coloration depth
- If recording to an exterior gadget through HDMI, you will get a 10-bit 422 coloration depth.
- Shoots in F-log supplying you with a pleasant flat coloration profile to later coloration grade in submit.
- If filming handheld, the GFX100 has 5-axis in-body picture stabilization which isn’t within the different GFX fashions. That is additionally useful if taking pictures with longer telephoto lenses or for normal handheld pictures.
- It has wifi and Bluetooth, permitting you to attach straight to your smartphone or sensible gadget to make use of it as a digicam distant or to switch your pictures throughout to your sensible gadget.
- As a result of it’s light-weight, the Fujifilm GFX100 doesn’t really feel like you’re holding a large-format digicam.
- The pace of the autofocus is ridiculously quick – equivalent to the XT3, if not barely slower.
The continual autofocus works very well.
- It seems like you’re taking pictures with an ordinary mirrorless digicam or digital SLR as a result of the main target is correct and lightning fast.
- Voice memo characteristic lets you file a voice memo whenever you take an image, and you’ll obtain that to your pc when downloading the pictures. It is a nice reference level for the way you took the photograph, the place, settings and many others.
- Andrew predominately makes use of Panasonic and Nikon cameras and located the transition to be fairly simple.
- Navigating by the menu system feels acquainted and straightforward. Much like the XT3 and the XT30.
- In case you are a passionate Fuji person, you’ll discover some issues lacking from the GFX100.
- There no shutter pace dial, publicity compensation dial or ISO dial.
- For publicity compensation, there’s a button you may entry and press or you may program any operate button. It’s the identical along with your ISO as nicely.
- To alter your shutter, it’s important to roll your dial to vary that.
Picture high quality
- The pattern photos have been shot utilizing the Fujifilm GFX100 with the 110mm and 45mm lenses.
- The photographs out of the GFX100 are very good. The element out of the 102MP sensor is stuffed with coloration, depth, and element.
- The dynamic vary on the digicam is superb, and Andrew was in a position to recuperate blown-out highlights and shadows with out shedding element.
- The crop worth on the pictures is superb. It dealt with all cropping and post-processing nicely.
- All photos have been edited in Lightroom and never Seize One, which can or could not give higher outcomes.
- In video mode, Andrew discovered that the GF prime lenses weren’t the perfect lenses to make use of in handbook focus as a result of its focus by wire development. Nevertheless, they have been instructed that there are a number of senior lenses to come back sooner or later that ought to enhance that have.
- The continual autofocus in video mode is nice. One factor to notice, nonetheless, the IBIS does blip out when panning a bit tough, so maintain the digicam regular.
- The picture high quality and precise video outcome and adaptability are superb. All of the footage was shot on the Eterna Movie Simulation Mode, which provides extra room to work inside submit.
- They wished it might shoot in 4k in 50fps or give extra flexibility in sluggish movement; nonetheless, so far as large-format goes, it’s unimaginable.
- The Fujifilm GFX100 might be a viable possibility for cinema customers down the observe.
The GFX100 is super-impressive in each photograph and video mode. It gained’t be for everybody as a result of it’s fairly costly at $10,000 USD. (They’ve a less expensive different within the Fujifilm GFX50S at $5000 USD with a 51.4MP sensor.)
Nevertheless, compared to different large-format cameras, the Fujifilm GFX100 is well-priced, significantly for the autofocus options, the sensor measurement, and the potential for it to be a game-changer for cinema customers sooner or later.
It could swimsuit individuals taking pictures promoting, cinema or an fanatic desirous to get giant format landscapes with out paying for a medium format digicam.
Would you prefer to personal this digicam? I do know I might! Share with me within the feedback beneath.
You might also like: